Hands On Physics
Preparing the Wires, Switch, & LED
This activity continues the construction of the sun photometer.
See tools and materials for a complete
list of the parts required.
Prepare the Wires
- 8 cm wires: 2 red and 1 black
- 10 cm wires: 1 red and 2 black
- 11 cm wires: 1 red and 1 black
- Next, remove about 5 mm of insulation from both ends of the two
- Then, remove about 5 mm of insulation from only one end of each
of the remaining wires.
- Finally, remove about 12-15 mm of wire from the second end of the
Check the wires to make sure you have cut and trimmed them properly.
Prepare the Switch
Prepare the Light Detector
Previous Page || Up
a Level || Index || Next